- Statement attributable to the Head of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria, General Robert Mood
- Exploring Cross-Cultural Dialogue through Theater – Photos
- Indigenous Peoples and Food Sovereignty – Photos
- Born Too Soon
- United Nations First International Jazz Day – Exclusive Photos
- NYC First Green Festival – Photos
- Statement by the Joint Special Envoy for Syria, Kofi Annan
- UN Autism Postage Stamp Creators – Photos
- UN Autism Stamps
Kofi Annan Bi-lateral meeting on Syria – Photos
Photos by Luiz Rampelotto
United Nations – New York – March 01 2012 – Kofi Annan, former UN Secretary-General and newly-appointed Joint UN-Arab League Special Envoy on Syria during a bi-lateral meeting with Bashar Jaafari, Permanent Representative of the Syrian Arab Republic to the UN.
Kofi Annan said that in order to succeed it was extremely important that we all accept that there should be one process of mediation.
Kofi Annan, United Nations Arab League Joint Special Envoy for Syria:
“I think the message is clear, that the killing and the violence must stop. Humanitarian agencies must be given an access to do their work and it is regrettable that that doesn’t seem to be happening. That is not happening. They should also find a way of resolving, getting them together to dialogue. There is a need for dialogue between all actors in Syria and that is what we would want and try and push as soon as possible to get the dialogue going. I know there are people who have other ideas that dialogue may not be the way to go and one should use other means but I think for the sake of the people, for the sake of the Syrian people who are caught in the middle a peaceful solution through dialogue and a speedy one is the way to go.”
This entry was posted in NEWS and tagged Ambassador, Bashar Ja'afari, Celebrities, Kofi Annan, Secretary General, Syria, Syrian Arab Republic, UN, United Nations, USA, war. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.