- Statement attributable to the Head of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria, General Robert Mood
- Exploring Cross-Cultural Dialogue through Theater – Photos
- Indigenous Peoples and Food Sovereignty – Photos
- Born Too Soon
- United Nations First International Jazz Day – Exclusive Photos
- NYC First Green Festival – Photos
- Statement by the Joint Special Envoy for Syria, Kofi Annan
- UN Autism Postage Stamp Creators – Photos
- UN Autism Stamps
Angelina Jolie Dnevni avaz Person of the Year
Photos by Luiz Rampelotto
The biggest newspaper in Bosnia and Herzegovina “Dnevni avaz” (Daily Voice) from Sarajevo with the highest circulation in the region awarded Hollywood super star Angelina Jolie with their traditional “Person of the Year” (for 2011), for her film “In The Land Of Blood and Honey”, that was written and directed by Ms. Jolie.
The film is an intimate drama about Bosnian war (1992 – 1995), about a Bosnian Muslim woman and Bosnian Serb soldier who happened to run the concentration camp, where Bosnian Muslim women are being raped. The Avaz Award (Person of the Year 2011) was given to Angelina Jolie by Avaz’s UN and US correspondent, veteran Bosnian journalist Erol Avdovic in Washington just hours before her film was screened in US Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C.
This entry was posted in NEWS and tagged Angelina Jolie, Arts Culture and Entertainment, Attending, Bosnian, Capital Cities, Celebrities, DNEVNI AVAZ, Erol Avdovic, Film Industry, Film Premiere, In the Land of Blood and Honey, Movie, Museum, Muslim woman, premiere, UN, United Nations, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Vanesa Glodjo, Washington DC. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.